Thank you for your continued support and patience as we continue working through this process. Here is what we know at this time.
1) The county health officer has placed a limit on some sports (soccer being one of them) to no contact practices and no competitive games.
2) The county commissioners are scheduled to meet with the county health officer and recreation and parks leadership on August 18th to discuss and understand this limitation further.
3) The result of this meeting will provide clarification as to how St. Mary's Soccer (and other affected sports) will operate for the remainder of the fall.
4) In the event the current no contact and no competitive games limitation remains in place, St. Mary's Soccer is working to being able to offer you a low, or possibly no cost series of skills and conditioning training clinics throughout the fall season.
5) If we go down the path of clinics for the fall, there would be a registration procedure to select a day, time and location and then any credits that you have from this past Spring would be moved to cover your registration fees for Spring '21. No other action would be needed on your part to move the credits over to the spring.
You can expect to hear from us again next week once we have more information regarding the outcome of the commissioners meeting. We will announce the construct of the fall season and the registration opening date at that time.
I know everyone is eager to get out on the pitch and we are eager to be out there with you.
President, St. Mary's Soccer
"Developing players and impacting lives through positive, fun and challenging soccer"